Our maps of Costa Rica will feature different views of the country. As time passes, we'll try to give you more of a vision of Costa Rica than perhaps you wanted. We'll feature things like national parks and reserves, roadmaps, closeups of coastal areas showing beaches, provincial closeups, climatic conditions, and, well, you get the picture.
- Where is Costa Rica?
- This map provides a view of where our place is in the world. As you can see, we aren't that island country.
- National Parks & Protected Areas
- A view of the country showing the major areas protected by the government in its network of national parks and other protected zones.
Costa Rica Provinces
- Zoom in on the province maps for more detail.
- The north central plains area is an important agricultural zone.
- Where the country's original capital was located, this province includes some historic and important natural protected areas.
- This northwestern province has the most sought-after beaches in the country, several fabulous national parks and live volcanoes.
- This northern province includes a large portion of Braulio Carrillo National Park.
- This province encompasses the entire eastern side of the country--the Caribbean zone. The area with the most rainfall, it is the most characteristic of "the tropics."
- The central and south Pacific coast belongs to Puntarenas Province. This is the area traditionally frequented by the Ticos for their beach vacations.
- San José
- The Central Valley is where most of the country's population lives.
More maps coming. Watch for them!