¿Habla Usted Español?
Learning Spanish in Costa Rica
by Ed Underwood
- Studying in Costa Rica
- School Offerings
- Partial Listing of Schools
If you are ready to immerse yourself in Spanish by taking advantage of one of Costa Rica's many language learning opportunities, here is a partial list of links to Spanish schools in Costa Rica to get you started.
- ISLS (Institute for Spanish Language Studies)
- ISLS has 8 different destinations in Costa Rica from which to choose. We also have a student guesthouse and student affairs office in San Jose. Our campuses are located all throughout the country. From the Capital City of San Jose to country-side towns, mountain valleys and beaches, no one beats our diversity of options. Let us help you find the perfect location in which to learn Spanish and discover this fantastic country.
- Costa Rica Spanish Schools
- This is a directory of Spanish schools in Costa Rica. Check out each school's website and ask questions before booking. Find out how many students are currently studying, if the school provides cultural activities, and the theme of the school.
- Forester Instituto Internacional, a Spanish language school in Costa Rica, offers several exciting programs of instruction in the Spanish language. Its short term immersion courses--1 to 4 weeks--are very popular among visitors to the country. The courses of study are designed to satisfy, in a quick and efficient manner, the growing need for Spanish language skills. The school also offers long term programs for those interested in staying more than one month.
- ILISA is a medium-size language school located in a suburb of San José, Costa Rica. Our mission is to give you the language skills you need to help you develop yourself professionally or to allow you to better enjoy your travels. To reach these goals, we offer a variety of well-developed yet flexible programs.
- INSTITUTO DE ESPAÑOL COSTA RICA
- The IECR distinguishes itself with its range of high quality programs. All IECR teachers hold university degrees and have many years of experience in teaching Spanish as second language.
- If you’re serious about learning Spanish and want to learn, quickly, efficiently and professionally, AND you want to be totally immersed in the language and the culture of one of the most enchanting and safe countries in the world, then you’ve come to the right place! You’ll be treated like a member of the family at IPEE. We know how important it is for you to feel comfortable in your new environment, and we do everything to make you feel right at home.
- Costa Rican Language Academy
- ¡Bienvenidos a CRLA! At the Costa Rican Language Academy you will learn our language, move to our rhythm, explore our country, make new friends and much more...
- Pura Vida Language Institute
- "Our goal at Pura Vida is to create a program to fit to your needs rather than making you fit into our program." Small classes & excellent instructors. 2 great locations, student homestay, nature tours and free activities.
- Costa Rica Rainforest Outward Bound® School
- Interested in a learning adventure in a Central American rain forest? Check out this school and get college credit for jungle trekking!
- School of the World
- A traveler's education school located on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica, in the town of Playa Jaco.
- Spanish For Success - Study Spanish Abroad
- Spanish For Success is a network of language schools located in Costa Rica, and now Spain. We provide fun and safe programs for all types of individuals. For anyone who wishes to learn Spanish, we have programs from general Spanish to technical programs such as Medical or Business Spanish. We can help find ways for you to enjoy your time and experience, and be mesmerized by the beauty and culture of the country. Whether you're looking for vacation Spanish, total immersion Spanish, college credits, Spanish for your profession, adventure, and or personal enjoyment, see what Spanish for Success has to offer.
- Spanish In Action! - Centro Cultural de Idiomas
- We are one of Costa Rica's oldest and most respected Spanish schools, located in the beautiful Central Valley. We have over 18 years experience, offering a wide range of courses, home stay, tours, and travel advice. Join us, and put Spanish in Action!
- Spanish in the World - Learn Spanish in Spain & Latin America
- Learn Spanish where it is spoken. Spanish immersion courses worldwide. Open all year round. Small classes in different locations with accommodations. Now with three locations in Costa Rica.
- Language Link
- Based in Peoria, IL, this organization can help you get into study and volunteer work programs in several countries including Costa Rica.
- Spanish Abroad, Inc.
- Spanish immersion programs with several Costa Rica language schools and other schools in countries throughout Central and South America.
Although learning a new language in a environment with native speakers of that language is certainly the best way to go -- and Costa Rica offers some great opportunities for immersing yourself in the study of Spanish -- it may be that you can't come to Costa Rica right now. Or maybe you want to get a head start with your Spanish studies before coming to Costa Rica to hone your language skills. Home study with an effective course may fit your needs perfectly. We have found the Spanish courses by Rocket Languages to be an effective method to get you started speaking quickly. They even provide a free trial email course so you can see how easy it is. Enter your name and email address in the box, watch your inbox, and see how quickly you could be speaking Spanish.